Tuesday, August 23, 2016

a tale of two

In response to:
https://t.co/QnuJYEe91W

God, to the Evangelist (Pharisee);
 “Why do you not steal?”
Evangelist;
 “Because the Jesus tells me not to.”
Temptation;
 “The “tithe” and offering was abundant this week.”
Serpent, demon;
 “You need a private jet.”
Ego, self, conscience;
 “I will get me a private jet, that way people won’t bother me with questions about God while I travel.”
Satan;
 “Now more people will see how well off I am and follow me and my god, greed.”


God, to the true adoption.
 “Why do you not steal?”
Humility;
 “because Jesus teaches us that stealing promotes oppression, and suffering for all involved including the innocent.”
Faith;
 “I need money for bus fare to get to my job interview, I know God will provide.”
Temptation;
 “There is $20 laying by the bus stop.”
Faith + works;
 “I will stay here with it until someone comes looking for it.”
(by-and-by the owner comes looking for it and faith gives it back to the one that lost it)
Grace;
 “I was standing by and saw what you did and would like to offer you a job.”

No comments:

Post a Comment